CSI Professional is actively seeking a Assistant Nurse Manager – Labor & Delivery for our client located in Oakland, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of America's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans!
Location: Oakland, CA
Salary: this is a part-time night position (24 hrs/wk) starting at $107K
The Assistant Nurse Manager (Labor & Delivery) Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day to day shift activities.
- Current/recent management experience as Lead, Supervisor or Charge (if Charge, with direct reports)
- Must have Labor & Delivery experience level III NICU facility
- Experience teaching/training
- Experience in a high volume, multi union environment
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Master’s Degree is highly preferred
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- ALCS certification strongly preferred.
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 – 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost-effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Client conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, our client reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
For additional information, please apply!