The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Case Worker to support one of our healthcare clients in the Atlanta, GA area. This role is responsible for processing all casualty or estate functions involving several state Medicaid beneficiaries or deceased Medicaid beneficiaries. This includes intake, maintenance, claims review and selection, management, settlement and related functions to the case. CSIORL
Schedule: Mon-Friday: Standard Business Hours
Job Type: Contract to Perm
Hourly Pay: $15.77
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively work, maintain and manage a variety of cases with current and accurate notes.
- Maintain a daily system of providing timely and accurate information required to move cases through the verification and case management pipeline.
- Verify documents and coordinate health care coverage for patients, including eligibility of benefits.
- Professional interaction with attorneys, insurance adjusters, medical providers, court staff, recipients and family members.
- Negotiate lien settlements per contract guidelines.
- Prepare required correspondence, liens, claims and other related documents.
- Perform basic and advanced levels of document review, legal research, and case management.
- Compile, analyze and make conclusions about information from multiple sources.
- Give special attention to the timely processing of events, various legal deadlines, and critical accounting/finance issues.
- Process Intake referral leads from attorneys, insurance adjusters, personal representatives, stakeholders and medical providers.
- Review and research leads regarding potential accident or trauma situations.
- Handle phone inquiries for both demand package issues and from beneficiaries promptly and with courtesy.
- Meet department objective standards for Customer Service, Probate Research, Asset research, Document Review and Intake.
- Complete periodic reports for management when necessary
- Ability to be careful and thorough about detail including with cite-checking and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to interface with all levels of people both internally and externally in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently to meet objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethics.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and manage deadline-oriented project demands and multiple initiatives.
- Ability to perform the following: lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stopping, kneeling, reaching, and carrying of light to heavy items (file box)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years’ experience working in a professional office environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Associates degree preferred
- Experience in a Legal office
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Medicaid and/or Medicare knowledge
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) a plus