CSI Professional is actively seeking a Clinical Supervisor – Blood Bank for our client located in the Boston, MA metro. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading provider of healthcare, who is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community locally and globally, team!
**SIGN ON BONUS**
Location: Newton, MA 02462 (regional relocation is available)
Pay: $80K + and is based on experience and company approval
In conjunction with Laboratory Administration and Medical Directors, assumes responsibility for the technical and administrative operations of the Blood Bank laboratory services to meet the needs of patients.
?The clinical supervisor role oversees the operations of the Blood Bank, ensuring the quality of the testing is accurate and maintains the training and competency of the technologists.
The clinical supervisor is responsible for maintaining consistent compliance with federal, state, local, and accrediting regulations, standards, and guidelines. We use a combination of automated and manual testing methods. Our automated platform is the Immucor Echo.
Position is responsible for all supervisory functions related to:
- Human resources, staff orientation, training, competency
- Inventory management, financial/budgetary responsibilities
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state, and institutional accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Serves as an educator and technical resource to medical staff
- Operational process improvement
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Strong Blood Bank background with ability to train or fill in on bench as needed
- Minimum two years, preferably four years previous experience in blood bank laboratory with supervisory and teaching responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Immucor Echo automated platform
- Bachelor Degree in medical technology or related science from an accredited school.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- Certified as Medical Technologist.
- SBB specialty certification preferred but not required.