The CSI Companies is seeking a Lead Surgical Technologist for our client in Seattle, WA. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a 385-bed tertiary care center in Seattle's historic Central District. CSINASH
Salary: Starting at $56K+ based on experience + SIGN ON BONUS
Location: Seattle, WA 98122
’s The Surgical Technologist is responsible for coordinating service planning activities for a designated specialty service. He/She provides professional surgical knowledge and scrubs skills in assigned area.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Washington State Surgical Technologist certification required.
- Two years of relevant clinical experience required, meet criteria of their respective professional category
- Demonstrate advanced clinical and organizational skills related to the care of patients within the specialty.
- Must have knowledge of specialty procedures, along with associated equipment and supplies.
- Skills in teamwork and ability to address issues in tactful ways.
- Ability to communicate in ways that are broadly understood.
- Computer literacy – able to use ESI system as a reference, email, or voice mail.
- Ability to operate, or learn to operate, specialty-specific equipment as outlined in defined competencies.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technology program or equivalent education/experience. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for not completing a Surgical Technology program, in addition to the experience required
- Review the surgery schedule for the week to anticipate equipment or product issues.
- Checks voice mail frequently, troubleshooting product, instrumentation, equipment, or scheduling issues.
- Respond to specialty questions or pages in a timely manner.
- Edits Procedures lists in collaboration with the Specialty Charge Nurse.
- Assist in orientation of new staff. Works with unit preceptors. Collaborate with manager/educator to review and evaluate staff performance. Serves as a role model for staff in following established standards of the department and attending charge nurse meetings.
- Responsible for the accuracy and content of resource materials in Sterile Processing Department.
- Launches new instruments and sets.
- Works closely with surgeons to understand current and future trends in specialty including equipment and supply needs communicating these to the department manager.
- Works with Equipment and Supply Specialist to arrange for repair and preventive maintenance of specialty related equipment. Keeps scheduling and surgeons informed about equipment availability.
- Promotes the use of the Value Analysis Team (VAT) process for all products and implants supporting clinical trials and evaluations.
- Assures adequacy of core equipment supplies on specialty carts (location specific).
For additional information, please apply!