Mortgage Loan Officer | Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas | Remote
Are you a licensed mortgage sales professional interested in a warm lead generation database with 150,000+ mortgages that are ‘in the money’? Does the phrase 'smile and dial' motivate you? We are actively hiring Mortgage Loan Consultants AKA Loan Officers to follow up with an existing database of clients to discuss refinance options.
As a Loan Officer you are expected to stay relevant on regulation changes. With this know how one will be able to not only counsel prospective customers but follow the loan from application to closing providing over watch and continuous communication with the initial customers.
Our Loan Officers reports to the Sales Managers and work closely with loan officer assistants, document technicians & loan processors to assist with client communication and expectations. Loan Officers are experienced and passionate mortgage professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment originating residential conventional and government mortgages. Loan Officers will also be pre-qualifying customers based on income, debt, employment history, and other credit data.
- Counsels prospective customers regarding appropriate mortgage programs
- Pre-qualifies based on income, debt, employment history, and other credit data.
- Determines customers' eligibility and acceptability of loan risk
- Assists in gather customer’s authorizations and supporting documentation as required by regulation and/or program guidelines
- Originates loan applications and monitors the loan from application through closing process, maintaining effective communications with customers, referral sources, and loan support staff
- An associate degree, as well as strong organization, attention to detail and Microsoft Office skills, at an intermediate level is preferred
- 6 months+ of Mortgage Sales or mortgage Operations experience
- Experience working with residential refinance loans
- Working knowledge of conventional and government loan programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- 2+ state license(s) to originate loans. The ability to obtain licensing authority to perform origination functions, including National Certification, in multiple states is also required. In addition, the ability to maintain license and continuing educational requirements is position condition.
- Discipline and competency to work remote
- Must be able to keep up to date on regulation changes– knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training
***Due to COVID-19 this role is offered as remote and interested LO's must live in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area to qualify***