The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Medical Assistant for a long-term contract position with one of our clients in Waldorf, Maryland.
1. Assist in patient care coordination, such as answering multi-phone lines and assisting patients through the registration process. Collect all insurance information, verify demographics and process payments for copays and post-patient balances. Discharge patients.
2. Assist with clerical duties such as filing, faxing, and scanning documentation.
3. Direct experience with performing clinical intake, patient date collection (e.g. chief complaint, allergies, medical history including current medications, social history and vitals)
4. Perform Laboratory specimen collections for blood-draw/venipuncture, urine collections, point of care testing, ekg, application of orthopedic devices such as splints, performing basic wound care. Fitting patients with crutches.
5. Prior experience with employer health services such as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing and DOT physicals preferred but not required.
Must have qualifications/experience:
1. 1 year of prior customer service experience or experience in a medical office setting.
2. Completion of medical assistant training program and or a minimum of 3 years direct patient care experience performing medical assistant duties in an urgent care, physician practice or emergency room setting.
3. Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
4. Knowledge of basic computer software.
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Ability to follow OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.