The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant for a Long Term contract position with one of our nationally recognized clinical clients , in their Fredrick, MD offices.
Certified Medical Assistant Job Description/Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant (procedures, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy).
- Rooms patients according to company standards.
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
- Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times.
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
- Maintains certifications (MA and CPR) and quality control standards.
- Participates in marketing events as determined by business need.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration required or the ability to obtain the designation within 90 days of employment.
- Current CPR certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment.
- Basic computer literacy required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- ICD-9 and CPT coding required.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations required
- Good communication and customer service skills required.
- Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- At least one year of experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- More than one year of related experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Certification- Medical Assistant
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids