The CSI Companies are looking for a Certified Medical Coder for a remote HCC/Risk Adjustment coding position to join our team who is passionate about growing as a professional and moving the healthcare industry toward value-based care.
This position is with the largest healthcare company in the world that is within the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500 list. Come join this team to gain world-class, innovative, coding experience with a company that is passionate about their employees as well as the future of healthcare.
This is a full time, remote (work from home) position that requires 40 hours a week (M-F 8am-5pm Central) and also overtime during the end of the year. Once you have been working for 2 months, you are able to adjust the hours to 7am-3:30pm Central, 8:30am-4:30pm Central, 9am-5:30pm Central etc.
**This is a full time position with the hours mentioned above. We do not offer any part time schedules at our company, so please only apply if you are able to work the hours listed.
- Identify, collect, assess, monitor and document claims and encounter coding information as it pertains to Clinical Condition Categories.
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information.
- Provide support, education and training related to, quality of documentation, level of service and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and standards.
- Monitor Coding changes to ensure that most current information is available.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability regarding barriers to receiving and validating accurate HCC information.
- 1+ years of working as a certified medical coder (where coding was 90% or more of your job duties, and you were held to quality and productivity goals).
- Coding certification through AHIMA / AAPC is required
- 3 months of HCC experience (1 year preferred)
- Minimum of GED or High School Diploma is required and will be verified
- Excellent written verbal and communication skills
- Technically savvy
- High speed internet with good service available at your home.
**Compensation will be based upon years of experience, education and credentials
**Drug test, background check, credential verification, and education check (HS/GED) are required for this position.
What Will My Day Look Like?
- We offer a competitive weekly salary and an opportunity for ongoing development that will further your career in the healthcare industry.
- Participate in various projects to help you grow in your career path in the fast-paced healthcare industry.
- You, your team and your manager will share goals, customer feedback and metrics to help you reach all of your weekly goals.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in discussions
- Required to maintain confidentiality and security of documents.
The CSI Companies is a recruiting firm established in 1994 that has been awarded “Best of Staffing” for 5 years in a row. We provide outstanding services to the world’s leaders in the healthcare field as well as other organizations. For consideration, please submit your resume with all of your relevant experience included on it for immediate consideration. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted.
- Weekly pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Paid Training
- Opportunity for advancement upon performance and availability