The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Risk Adjustment Coder for our client in the Tampa, FL area.
- The Risk Adjustment Coder codes, abstracts and analyzes inpatient and/or outpatient medical records using International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision (ICD-10 CM) for CMS risk adjustment purposes.
- Follows the Official ICD-10 CM guidelines for Coding and Reporting and has a complete understanding of these guidelines.
- Follows CMS risk adjustment guidelines and has a complete understanding of these guidelines.
- Understands the impact of ICD-10 CM codes on the CMS HCC risk adjustment model.
- Ability to meet productivity and accuracy standards
- Ability to defend coding decisions to both internal and external audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Education required
- 2+ years of experience in professional coding experience either in a hospital or physician setting
- A license in one of the following – Required: Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Preferred: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC)