Title: Server Engineer
Location: McKinney, TX
Job Type: 6-months contract to hire
Compensation: based on experience
We are seeking a Server Engineer to join one of the nation’s premier financial institutions with a rich history having been in business for over 100 years, with more than 85 branches in the Southwest region.
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience with on-premise Exchange Server, Active Directory, Office 365, and cloud technologies (Azure, etc.).
- Support Windows Operating System configuration and management
- Maintain, establish, and troubleshoot server issues
- Perform all patching and routine maintenance for servers
- Assist in the maintenance of defined patch levels for all applications, as well as provide timely compliance status reports
- Oversee, test and document failover functionality of High Availability technologies such as Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL Server Always On Groups.
- Create and maintain reference engineer for infrastructure solutions.
- Oversee the infrastructure engineer of the environment and is a subject matter expert for the entire environment within the datacenters.
- Closely collaborate with development and delivery partners to assess feasibility, complexity and scope of new capabilities and solutions.
- Design and document the infrastructure solution that meets or exceeds the requirements utilizing a reference architecture.
- Ensure infrastructure solution designs fulfill functional and technical requirements, adhere to processes and standards, and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provide advanced technical expertise, oversight and accountability for resolution of outages, service level issues and other events in partnership with support teams.
- Spearhead efforts around automation and configuration management of Windows data center fleet
- Design and implement efficiency and consolidation improvements across multiple Active Directory Forests and Domains
- Design and implement security enhancements to computing environments, including lateral movement protections, tiered logins and CIS standards
- Conduct analysis and recommend solutions for complex and emerging issues
- Operate and maintain an enterprise anti-virus and malware system
- Coordinate downtime and outages to applicable systems with application and business areas
- Be the technical lead for PMO projects and departmental initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Knowledge of one or more of the following – Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013
- Knowledge of Active Directory 2012/2016 in an Enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
- Experience with external Cloud providers (ex. Microsoft, AWS, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Flexible for occasional off-site travel required.