Senior Manager, Underwriting
Location: El Paso, TX
Reporting Manager: Vice President, Underwriting
The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading the US-based Mortgage & Title Teams. The role was created as part of a recently launched company-wide reorganization and would be responsible for actively creating strategic alignment while maintaining or exceeding current performance levels.
The Sr. Manager, Underwriting role is will work closely with the Global Head of Underwriting in expanding product and delivering streamlined processes while managing and improving performance levels.
What Do You Get To Do?
This role will be responsible for implementing and executing the strategic plan developed by Global Leadership and managing day-to-day Operations functions for the Mortgage and Title businesses in the US including:
Strategically lead the operations function and drive transformation
- Collaborate and implement world-class processes driven by lean process re-engineering and technologies including automation, robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Oversee the management of highly complex and inter-dependent project and production schedules to deliver completed work on time, on-scope, with quality, and within budget
- Maintain a broad and current understanding of mortgage products, guidelines, pricing strategies, and industry standards
- Define and proactively monitor key performance metrics and hands-on engagement to develop solutions
Drive organizational capabilities by:
- Oversees and directs the activities of the loan flow from setup through funding and shipping to corporate.
- Reviews reports regularly to determine potential department delays and to ensure the expected level of customer service. Authorizes priority files.
- Participates in the setting of productivity standards.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves operational problems; monitors and ensures compliance with productivity standards.
- Assess organizational requirements for talent, process effectiveness and develop plans to meet those requirements
- Structure the workforce to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Attract, retain and enable employees at all levels through ongoing performance management, career development and employee engagement. Interviews, hires, develop, motivate, utilize, counsels and directs department personnel.
- Provides training for department and division personnel.
- Delivers performance reviews with a focus on meeting job expectations, organizational development and career enhancement and development.
- Develops resolutions for inefficiencies by partnering across the board with all key operational managers.
Deliver a mind-blowing customer experience achieve the customer objectives:
- Driving customer satisfaction and delivering exceptional results to clients
- Collaborate with CRM to create a streamlined process for seamless operational onboarding of new customers
- Consistently achieve top results on client scorecards and hitting all requisite SLAs
- Reinforce and expand a culture with strict adherence to compliant execution while meeting all regulatory and licensure requirements
Building the organizational culture and brand by
- Leverage objectives and key results (OKRs) to create ongoing velocity and transparency
- Champion the core values by living and evangelizing to the team
- Driving an environment of compliance, customer centricity, innovation and performance
- Proven experience working within a 3rd party originations and underwriting management environment
- Knowledge/experience to drive the creation of a systematic operational engine
- Experience leading large scale production for enterprise clients in the originations space
- Strong data analytics capabilities
- Handle time & attendance – timecards, time off schedules, some payroll tasks
- Ensures accuracy of employee attendance records and authorizes overtime, as necessary.
- Hold weekly pipeline meetings & regular branch meetings to bring the team up to speed on policy/guideline/industry changes
- Keep Operations tools up to date, while monitoring efficiencies & looking for ways to improve file flow
- Review files for employees in training (LOAs, TCs, Processors) to provide feedback & maintain ongoing training needs, including reviewing conditional approvals & assisting in validating conditions from UW
- Resource for all operations staff & liaison with VLG Regional Team & corporate
- Receive all incoming contracts to assist with assigning files to maintain pipeline balance
- Manage entire pipeline ensuring all team members are meeting task deadlines to execute ensure on time closings
- Escalate UW issues to upper management
- Assist with LO questions when Sales Manager or Branch Manager are unavailable
- Monitor locks, NOI dates & disclosure due dates with the processor
- Monitor emails after hours & weekends for urgent issues or to assist sales team, agents or clients
- Has a reputation for absolute integrity with a proven ability to build trusted relationships
- Takes both a strategic and pragmatic approach to the development of the optimal business road map and develops the business in line with the road map
- Embraces the OKR methodology which encourages transparency, agility and a test-and-learn mindset
- Displays decisiveness in decision making and competitiveness in goal setting
- Demonstrates commitment to superior customer service and operational excellence
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong communication skills with ability to influence and build consensus
- Delegates responsibility while holding others accountable to rigorous performance objectives